Saturday, April 23, 2022

Kay Ryan -- NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 23



 The Cow; 
   my encounter 

Met her that 
day, a rainy 
day.  A small
road and a
large cow, 
small road in 
Ireland. 
She peeked in 
my car her 
head was wet.
We chatted - 
cow talk it 
was.  Backseat 
interpreter help 
with her cow 
tongue -- cow 
had said she 
was leaving me 
a cow pie 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2007 and 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2022 Day Twenty-three, 
 - We are to write in the "style of Kay Ryan, whose poems tend to be short and snappy ... "
 - "... read a few, you’ll see what I mean. Here’s her “Token Loss,” “Blue China Doorknob,” “Houdini,” and “Crustacean Island.”

Happy writing!

 - Kay Ryan, Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Ryan 

..    

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, April 23, 2022 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I’m smiling, Jim! I too have had an encounter with a cow – and also with a herd in a field in the rain – both in Ireland! I love the ‘small / road and a /large cow’ – so familiar! And they do like to poke their heads into cars!

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2022 6:39:00 AM, Blogger Misky said...

We once encountered a cow on a narrow track in Devon who was too busy eating hedgerows that to move, so I got myself out of the car and gave her a smack on the rump ... and off she moved. I love your poem, Jim. Really fun.

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2022 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Arti said...

How generous of cow:) Your poem made me smile--thank you for sharing this sweet encounter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home