Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Food? Awwchh, More Oatmeal? -- NaPoWriMo Day 21


      I Like Oatmeal Not 

(Today I tried again to eat some oatmeal) 

(gagging) "Aawwchh, Oatmeal again? 

Yes, and one of these days 
you're going to like me 

Well, certainly I won't  
certainly not today 

I'm creamy, cinnamon 
and sugar sprinkled with 
a few raisons thrown in 

Aawwchh, please don't make me think 
hurts my head and belly 
just the thought sickens me 

My feelings are hurt bad 
sniff, never in my life 
'they' all treat me so nice 

enough of you, be gone 

(sink disposer gurgles) 

I've had enough of that 
nervy fool, can't fool me 

(from deep down) Let me out 
You win, never again 
 _ _ _ 

 - Prose Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked to post with NaPoWriMo Day 21
 - And today I'm using to write our (optional) NaPoWriMo Day 20
 https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-9/ , the prompt for yesterday ... "a challenge you to write a poem that anthropomorphizes a kind of food. It could be a favorite food of yours, or maybe one you feel conflicted about. I feel conflicted about Black Forest Cake, for example. It always looks so pretty in a bakery window, and I want to like the combination of cherries and chocolate . . . but I don’t. But how does the cake feel about it?"

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 21, 2022 6:55:00 AM, Blogger  said...

Oh, no! I love oatmeal so much. :)

Is it the texture you don’t like? Maybe if you shift its form—make some muffins instead?

 
At Thursday, April 21, 2022 7:20:00 AM, Blogger Ken / rivrvlogr said...

I'll take yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home