Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Living -- NaPoWriM 2022 Day Thirteen

      ["Perfection is Boring"]

     On Edge; what if

People say, "She's living on the edge" 
What that says I have no idea 
I only know the world ends with me 
It goes no further there is no more 

It's only me in this crazy world 
Me and three other dearly loved ones 
Those would be Honey and my parents 
Yes and my dog and cat to the list 

Live for us six or is it we six? 
Though not for me to worry about 
Doctors and vets worry for them 
I worry for me the pets a bit 

Mostly I worry 'bout falling off 
Off the edge of the world I might fall 

And if I fall who would cry for me 
Just those five it would be Count me out 
  _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo writing inspiration is "Perfection is Boring", the work of "Vika Muse". She's featured at dVerse for you to see some of her other art pieces as well,  
 - Vika Muse may be found on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/get.muse/

Below is the entire picture of Vika's picture, "Perfection is Boring".  As you can see I viciously cropped the portion that inspired me to write of one living on "The Edge of the World".  The topic seemed wide open for my Muse, from we chose what you saw at the beginning. 


..

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 13, 2022 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Mish said...

Interesting the way you focused in on a portion of the painting. Thank you for also posting it in it's entirety. I enjoyed the direction you took in your poem. The image does have that quality of being on the edge. I do think more people will miss us when we're gone, more than we know.

 
At Wednesday, April 13, 2022 2:53:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think that we all need to spend a little time on the edge to learn a little bit more about the world.

 
At Thursday, April 14, 2022 3:36:00 AM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Living on the edge does provide us a perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home