Monday, April 04, 2022

Breakfast in Bed - NaPoWriMo 2022 Day Four


       Beans and Bread 

"Beans and bread" I've  heard that said 
Not joking at all that's what they said 
Breakfast for Brits in my head 
Pinching pennies they and still well fed 

When quarantined for ten days 
By my door several times on my plate 
Fare for the poor what I got  
Embellished by sausage 
 and some fruit 

Food for me and prompt fit for poets *

       [a screen print of Google Maps
Portsmouth is 61 miles south of London]
      _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2022 today where asking for a "Prompt Poem" at https://www.napowrimo.net/day-four-10/ 
.
 -  * Note:  While on a Transatlantic cruise starting March 12 Mrs. Jim and I contracted COVID-19.  We'd had our shots and a booster so our sickness was mild.  When our cruise was finished and docked at Southampton, U.K, we were whisked off the ship to a motel in Portsmouth to finish our ten-day quarantine requirement.   
The breakfasts were good, beans, sausage, the croissant and some times scrambled egg was of my choosing. We are home now, today, in Katy, Texas. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home