Sunday, April 10, 2022

Love Poem -- NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 10

Mr. and Mrs. Jim's wedding picture (1973) 
- - -
They* said to write a love poem

To my sweetest, my blossom true
wanting to write you a love poem
telling you how much I love you
fingers to keys sweet words to come 

tell how you felt when first you saw her
I will try to write a love poem

When first we met my heart went wild
no tender little pitty-pat
but one long jolt you caused, my child,
a bolt from the blue hit my chest 

how you knew it was her you loved
It came one day into my head 

Listen to my arrow pierced heart
my life will never be the same
Dan Cupid hit me on the mark
that arrow had your name


tell now about being with her

My life is whole a life complete
I need you always by my side
dearer than chocolate you're so sweet
love you always will you're my pride 


are you happy with what you wrote?

If I could only write a poem
if I had the sweet words I felt
if I could now put them to print
there would be a love poem for you

discarded thoughts that didn't fit?

Many thoughts I dropped one thing sure
I love you to Heaven above
you can do no wrong you're so pure
I can't live without you my love 

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved  

Photos Copyright © 2013 Jimmiehov

We have been married 49 years.  Both photos are of Mrs. Jim and me away from home.  Top was taken by a "friendly stranger", a drunk guy on the beach at Cayman Island.  The lower we'd been walking and now were aboard the Princess Cruise ship at Aukland for a cruise around New Zealand, down to the south and over to Tasmania, ending up at Sydney, Australia.  
_ _ _ 

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2022 Day 10
 - Our instructions were to write a love poem 
 - This one is a slightly reworked version of the 
one I published in June of 2010.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home