Friday, June 10, 2022

Writing - Books, Author Tutors, My Life


"Liberating and emboldening the beginning writer are the goals of Ted Kooser and Steve Cox in this spirited book of practical wisdom ..." Ted Kooser.net 
 _ _ _ 

 Your Readers 

Write for your readers 
 I was admonished 
That's a lesson learned 
  from friend Ted Kooser 

"The Poetry Home 
   Repair Manual," 
Used book on my shelf 
  An internet find 

A beginner's book 
 Rhyme and meter start 
What stuck in my gut, 
 "Write for your readers." 

A 'feel' to be learned 
 Feedback gotten tells 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Rosemary today has asked us to write something inspired by a favorite book or books for Friday Writings #30: Beloved Books

 - I reached "Prose Poetry" but didn't finish that chapter.  And so now I feel insufficient in attempting those.  And I have misplaced the book.

 - My next endeavor may be learning to play the guitar "for my readers".
..

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, June 10, 2022 7:20:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Hmmm, but how can we be sure in advance who all our readers will be? Anyway, interesting to be reminded of that book – one which I always meant to get and haven't yet. I do agree with you about the importance of feedback – from those readers we can discover.

 
At Friday, June 10, 2022 9:15:00 AM, Blogger jossina said...

Ha ha ha I'll be waiting to listen to you play guitar for your readers

 
At Friday, June 10, 2022 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

We writers can quite a selfish bunch. So i can understans such an admonishment. I hope your writing can be endorsed by his encouragement Jim
Much❤love

 
At Friday, June 10, 2022 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Another book to look up... and I love honest feedback.

 
At Saturday, June 11, 2022 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

That title itself is so so great!! Need to check if I can get the book here!

 
At Saturday, June 11, 2022 8:26:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Natalie Goldberg says: I was writing for everyone and everyone was me. Rest in the structure that holds you up, and keep one foot in each world. Stay close to your own reality and stand also on the bridge that takes you out into something larger - our understanding that we're all finally in this together."

 
At Monday, June 13, 2022 9:51:00 PM, Blogger Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like your humor, Jim. How about learning to play a ukelele? :-)

 
At Wednesday, June 15, 2022 4:30:00 AM, Blogger rudraprayaga said...

every writing has its charm and some readers may turn up.Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home