Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Wait -- for the Sunday Muse

Photo of Julie Newmar 

 Living

Living on a pretzel 
Two really 
One holds my stand 
The other holds my head 

Holds my head 
when I'm asleep 
Sleeping lightly 
Just waiting for you 
You will come 
that I know 
When it will be 
that I do not know 

Please hurry now 
it is getting cold at night 
The farmers have plowed 
The field is rough as the sea 
not a sea it is though
not a drop to drink 

Waiting for you 
I've waited a long long time 
Longer than my nails 
won't last much longer 

I see someone coming 
If it's not you 
please can it be a man 
A strong man 
healthy in all ways 
he can get me down 
I can't be dropped 

We can eat the pretzels
have a picnic in the park 


 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022 and 2021 (bottom photo taken in 2019 at a winery near Cape Town, South Africa),  All Rights Reserved  
 - I'm linked with Carrie at The Sunday Muse #216 for the top photo to be used as inspiration for writing my little ditty.  Her bottom photo helped with my last lines but I used my own, the bottom, for use here. 
..

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, June 25, 2022 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

I think most of us do love a picnic in the park. Glad to see you Jim my friend!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2022 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Keith's Ramblings said...

Hopefully your wait is over!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2022 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is a cool take on the image, Jim. I can feel the intensity of her waiting.

 
At Saturday, July 02, 2022 3:11:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Cool and wonderful photo.

 
At Saturday, July 02, 2022 7:02:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Good take on the photo, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home