Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Eating out - a Poetics Write for dVerse


Eating not allowed in my room (1

Eating out I had no choice 
Couldn't eat in, I lived in rented rooms 
No food in rooms was their rule 
I'll tell a few, ones that this write evokes 

First I remember was a burger place 
A burger, fries, and soft drink 
That for fifty cents, free cone when I left 
Close to our campus lots of students ate 

Oh yes, there was no sales tax way back then 
More lines another day, my pillow beckons 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo credit and theme prompt, I am linked with    for dVerse Poetics Tuesday, "At the Restaurant, "
 - Read others writings here, 
 .. 

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 10, 2022 5:59:00 AM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Now that you have whetted my appetite, I await when you will abandon the pillow!

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2022 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

That would be difficult to have to eat all meals out. I do like that free cone though! Thanks for sharing.

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2022 10:20:00 AM, Anonymous Jim said...

Actually while was in college for three semesters I didn't have to buy lunch or breakfast for five days a week. I had those meals at a Baptist student center boarding club, it was $40.00 per month. We hired a cook and had kitchen duty once or twice a week, there were 40 of us, all young men. It was in an old house a block from campus, they had some rooms for rent but I came too late to get on for those.
..

 
At Friday, August 12, 2022 6:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That borders on criminal. Not only not being able to eat in your own room, but the alternative being junk food. so much for a healthy education.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home