Friday, August 19, 2022

Don't Dos a Few - a List Writing (of sorts) for Friday Writings

The older we're getting the more lists we should make 
Top of the List of Lists would be our grocery list 
The older we're getting the more we will forget 
The lists tend to remind carry them where you go 

I've Quit 

People growing older and older 
Then items disappear from our list 
We even name that list, "Bucket List"
It means that when we kick the bucket 
Those things we want to have accomplished 
List shows those and things I've quite doing 

 

a. Dropped from my Bucket List was to touch the South Pole 

b. Dropped off my Bucket List was to replace my pet that died

c. Don't smoke anymore, been 47 years 

d. Don't drink alcohol, maybe a glass of wine socially 

e. Don't teach Sunday Bible School anymore 

f. Don't have my motorcycles anymore 

g. Don't drive much at night, especially on major highways in town

h. Don't drive so fast, for sure not over 100 mph for very long, hardly over eighty's my top now 

i. Don't eat so much fatty foods and carbs 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Revived 
 - Photos Copyright Jimmiehov 2006 as marked and 2011 Here
 - I am linked with Magaly for the prompt idea at The Friday Writings #40, at 
 - Magaly has invited us "to write poetry or prose that includes a list—of things we love, of things we hate, of things we want, of things we’ve lost, of people we miss… of anything we wish."  I chose "Things I don't do or want anymore."  There are more but still boring!
..

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2022 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I dislike the concept of bucket lists. Instead I have something like yours – a list of things I never have to do (because now I have the good excuse that I've got too old).

 
At Friday, August 19, 2022 3:53:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

I really like the idea of a list of things I don't need to do rather than a wishlist... fabulous!

 
At Friday, August 19, 2022 8:06:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

I like the idea of dropping things from the bucket list. I mean it happens and I hardly noticed. But I think our inner life expands as our outer life gets more narrow.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2022 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Driving 100 mph should be dropped of everyone's list. Unless they are professional racers, I suppose.

I've also noticed that the more I grow, the more I live, the shorter my bucket list gets. Not so much because I've crossed things out or because I can no longer do them, but because they don't seem to matter as much as I thought they did.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2022 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Love your (funny & true) list! No driving at night is high on my list as is the REDUCE carbs mandate. Cheers.

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2022 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Su-sieee! Mac said...

Got a lead food there, do ya, Jim? :-) That’s very cool that you touched the South Pole.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2022 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hello! nice to be back writing poetry - moved to Michigan and that kept me very busy. Live on Lake Michigan now! One thing I've noticed with lists is HOW they change. I know I won't get to them all, but that's ok. Grocery lists are a MUST. Not replacing a pet... pulled at my heart strings.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2022 6:31:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

Fun post! "I don't drive much over eighty anymore" invoked a smile. I make a grocery list and forget to take it, or, worse have it in hand and still forget things.

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2022 8:07:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Although I do not believe in bucket lists, this is a fun one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home