Thursday, August 25, 2022

Murder She Wrote - TV Character for Friday Writings

    Anglela Speaks 

Hi, I'm Angela Lansbury 
Starring role of "Murder She Wrote" 
Once a weekly TV broadcast 
DirecTV now late night reruns

Favorite task is teaching to write  
Writing murder mystery stories 
Famed author, Jessica Fletcher 
Comes, help the law solve its murder 
 
Lesson I love to teach is "How" 
Most times I've a story in mind 
Know the ending before I write 
Who's the killer, why was the death  

I know I'm almost real to some 
And when you kill I'll track you down 
     _ _ _ 

 - The series focuses on the life of Jessica Fletcher, a mystery writer and amateur detective played by Angela Lansbury, who finds herself becoming involved in solving a series of murders that take place in the fictional town of Cabot Cove, Maine, as well as across the United States and abroad.
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rommy at the Friday Writings #41,
https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Friday%20Writings 
 - For this week Rommy would like for us "to write from the point of view of a television character from a show we like." 
 - 56 words plus two for title - 80 syllables - ten lines 

8 Comments:

At Thursday, August 25, 2022 11:28:00 PM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Not heard of this show... sounds interesting though!

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 1:54:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

This show has been around for a long time, I know. And I love Angela L, and British detective mysteries reminiscent of Agatha Christie. Have caught the odd episode of this; must arrange to see more.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 8:04:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

That show has inspired a whole genre of books - the cozy mystery. I've encouraged my Darling Youngest to check it out.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 8:32:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

I've never seen the show but her warning got my attention!

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Angela Lansbury is perfect in this role.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

This is great Jim! I haven't watched one of the episodes in ages, but imagine they are still running!

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2022 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

I used to watch those episodes in the good ole TV days. We kbew nothing about Netfix then😁

Have a good weekend. Its rainy here in St James Trinidad🇹🇹

Much💖lovr

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2022 2:11:00 AM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

I used to like the trailers but never actually watched the show. Pity she never tracked down killers *before* they killed...that could be a whole new show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home