Thursday, August 25, 2022

A Scented Poem - for Poetics at dVerse

 


MORNING JOY 

The joy of my morning 
the smell of the coffee brewing 
It enters my nostrils 
like other odors do.  Different 
Different because I smell 
The only whiff I'll know today 
COVID evil killer 
He has taken my smell away 

I've this trouble before 
Degreaser machine, factor job 
My college dropout days 
From the vat of boiling solvents 
Strong chemical fumes 
Gradually smell came back 
In the U.S. Army took years 

So I have hope from then  
Flowers, cooking, puppies, await  
  _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copywrite, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Retained 
 - I am linked at the dVerse Poets Pub with "Jo" for Poetic, she has chosen for us to write a "Poem of Scents", 
 - THIS writing IS TRUE!! and I lost my taste also, the only item I can taste is STRONG CHOCOLATE. 
 - You can read others' writings' at
 -

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, August 25, 2022 1:39:00 PM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Covid has done that to my teenage daughter too! We too live in hope.

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2022 6:45:00 PM, Anonymous abigfatcanofworms (Jo) said...

I can relate! My sense of smell seems to have largely failed too although I haven't had COVID as far as I know. It is frustrating. But there are a few smells that make it through - shadows of their former selves but still enough that I can enjoy a little nostalgia here and there.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2022 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Wishing you a speedy return of the olfactory function!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home