Saturday, March 27, 2021

Sunday Muse --- Decisions



Alone 


I am alone 

It's where I want to be 

Alone in the world 

A world where 

I've not found 

A place for me 


I am dressed for party  

But there's not 

A party for me 

People are there 

People I don't want to see 

I want to be 

Alone tonight 


I was a boy 

A fair boy 

A boy who wanted 

He wanted to be a girl 

So now he's trying 

To see how it goes 


Shoulders bare 

Nails painted red 

Hair coarse and 

fairly straight 

Feathered Easter hat 

Borrowed for the night 

Shoes,  flats that don't fit 

Party was for me not 


Tomorrow night 

A hippie girl I'll try 

Hair is long enough 

Jeans with holes or

Cutoffs strings and holes 

Sleeveless shirt to wear 

Painted toenails 

Match my fingers 


Then I won't be alone 

I'll find my old crowd 

The part that stays 

They're sitting on 

Loading docks for 

trucks during the day 

They'll take me in 

Won't care if 

I be boy or girl 

I hope 


Those Hippie Days

 _ _ _ 


 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I  am linked for top picture with Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse #153,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/03/sunday-muse-153.html?m=1

 - Bottom picture I used before, "Those Hippie Days", https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2019/05/mini-challeng-poem.html?m=1

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Saturday, March 27, 2021 11:21:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

A wonderment where this image transported you, Jim!

 
At Saturday, March 27, 2021 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Your muse and the image took you on quite a journey Jim. A creative and heartfelt poem that is definitely thought provoking.

 
At Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:20:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

A time to be free, to be. Wonderful creative take on the photo.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

Thanks for taking us to the amazing journey to take place. Love the character you portrayed. Beautiful.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:29:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Wonderful write to where the photo took you. Happy Sunday Jim

(✿◠‿◠)
much love

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:06:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Beautiful! This has the hopeful sadness of a ballad.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

What a treat to see one of Lisa's paintings ... I have an original. I thoroughly enjoyed your poem, the story, the journey.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Many shifts in this poem, man to woman, alone at the beginning and together with friends at the end. Everything here is in transit or transition, the final destination unknown. I really really like the fluidity.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

Trying to find a place to belong in life can be quite the journey.

 
At Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I like where this took you, Jim. A lot of seekers out there trying to find somewhere where they belong.

 
At Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:53:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Amazingly real depiction of those old hippie days, Jim! Many were shocked the way dresses went then, complete with round rimmed glasses. Now to be way out is apparently more acceptable.

Hank

 
At Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

What a wonderful poetic journey the image carried you on. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home