Sunday, March 14, 2021

A National Pi Day Poem


 4 pi + 2 what = 2 X ? 

 2 pi  + 1 what = 1 X ?

 2 pi + 1 small salad = 1 X ??

 X = 1 small leftover lunch 

Where 1 pi, a constant, equals one piece of pizza pie

 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
- Notes:
1.  Today, March 14 is National Pi Day.  It is traditional to write a 'pi-haiku,' or 'pi-ku,' poem. (a link, to the National Day Calendar)
2.  My other pi Day postings are here, not all have been 'pi-ku' and this one is not.
3.  For College I had a Math Minor and still love Math.  My University of Houston is seeded #2 their NCAA bracket for the 64 team National Champion Tournament. 
.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, March 15, 2021 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Head spinning, I failed freshman algebra and barely passed second time ‘round! LOL

 
At Monday, March 15, 2021 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

That's pretty much what I see when I look at algebra. I did pass it in high school, it's geometry I got a D in. Which is odd, since I do best with things I can see and measure. My oldest son loves math, he's now a computer scientist. Go figure how brains and genetics work!

 
At Monday, March 15, 2021 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

So now Jim knows two math challenged women ......

 
At Monday, March 15, 2021 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

My deceased son-in-law, heart attack and COVID-19, authored a text, Math Made Easy and Fun or similarly named. Some schools are using prototype issues but my daughter doesn't wish to mess with it and threw it all away. She says he's copyrighted it. I hope so, she could retire from licensing right sales with royalties.
She has to heal from her fall, a broken femur before I bring this up again.

 
At Monday, March 15, 2021 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm a math-challenged woman too! I can do simple arithmetic, even mental arithmetic; I quite liked algebra, couldn't fathom geometry, and abandoned the whole sorry attempt when arithmetic became complex. But I do like your clever, funny piku very much and can even understand it!

 
At Tuesday, March 16, 2021 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Reading it through I had a good laugh. How important it is to have good sense of humor.

 
At Wednesday, March 17, 2021 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Jenna said...

This made me smile.

 
At Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:17:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I like pairing my 1 pi piece with a salad, 1 garlic knot, and 1 chicken wing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home