Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Weekly Scribblings Poem ~~ To Not Overly Punch

..

Adi Beagle Dog, has she found a poodle friend? 

(Click the title for website link)(Punches Saved



Punches; 
pull or not to pull

One who pulls no punches 
Bent on winning regardless 
Loses lots of friends 

Cousin of my spouse 
Touted all words from the king 
Unfriended her fast 

Kid in class argued 
Proved the prof was very wrong 
Only one to fail 

Timids seldom swing 
They unload punch carefully 
Called diplomacy 
 _ _ _ _  

 - My YouTube Video Copyright, Jimmiehov 2009, All Rights Reserved 
 - Poem Copyright Copyrightk Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved
 - Adi was our Beagle dog, she and I were a Pet Therapy Team (more)  
 - The littyle poodle, Katrin, came to live with lus that day. (more

 - I am linked with Rommy who provided the idea to write about ", or not to pull punches," at Weekly  Scriblings #55https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/02/weekly-scribblings-56-hit-me-with-your.html
 - I have neglected my YouTube page, Jim1Jim1, terribly.  I may never post another?  https://www.youtube.com/user/Jim1Jim1 
 - Rommy would like us to 'write new poetry or prose while “reflect[ing] upon either the phrase ‘pull no punches’ OR ‘pull your punches’.”'

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:09:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What wonderful reflections and reminiscences, Jim, with which to address the prompt.

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:58:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I've always preferred the gentle touch,Jim!

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 7:24:00 AM, Blogger Ron. said...

Short. Sweet. Direct. Well done, jim.

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:27:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Love each of these verses, #4 my favorite!

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

So true! I think it's best to unfriend, in life or online, people like that.
Oh, that beagle! I love how she is ignoring the poodle!

 
At Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:25:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Well said, Jim. I do wonder about that last stanza, though..about cowards and diplomacy!

 
At Thursday, February 11, 2021 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

I love your dogs, especially the beagle.

 
At Saturday, February 13, 2021 7:21:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Really great video Jim... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home