Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Weekly Scribbling Poem ~~ Taking a Look Back


If I only . . . 

If I would have turned back for a picture 

I've said that how many times I don't know 

But today a change took my life in tow 


I'm so glad I did, found so many things 

So many precious  things I would have missed  

A tree, four more, emerging from my past 


http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/06/friends-again-and-couple-of-nice-gift.html

[cypress trees on the left, there wee more] 


.Cypress trees, our hotel, St. Remy, France. 

Tall, gorgeous trees, under which we played boule 

The Misses and me, I would always rule  


There in Provence,  the old town of Van Gogh 

Town where he left an ear, was committed  

His loved olive trees loved by Jesus Christ 


We stayed there a week, toured Provence real close 

We left no lingering mark though it marked us  




https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/04/biscuit-biscuit-while-staying-at.html?m=1 

 _ _ _ 

 - Photos and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2021, 2006, and 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked with Magaly Guerrero for writing prompt (see below) and sharing for Weekly Scribblings # 54,    https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/01/weekly-scribblings-54-hindsight-is.html?m=1

 - Magaly, prompting, would like us to create new poetry or prose inspired by the phrase, “If I knew then what I know now”. We can include the actual words in our contribution, but it’s not a requirement. 


Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:37:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I am, so grateful that we can now take photos with our phones! I take a lot more than I used to. And yes, it is great to have them to look back on.

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:57:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I still love looking back at photographs. But how many times have I kicked myself when I've left the camera behind!

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 7:07:00 AM, Blogger Ron. said...

Nice work, jim.

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

France is sweet...I'd be happy to be in Texas..really happy. I'm snowed in today.

Good to drop in and enjoy your poem and pics.

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:22:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

I'm struck by how many places we visit where we leave no mark, but which leave a mark on us. How true!

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I enjoyed viewing the marks you have made ... I trust I've made a few myself.

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Thank goodness for words! For even when we didn't have a camera in mind, our words are so good at relating images of what was.

 
At Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

What a gorgeous serving of hindsight.
Happy Wednesday Jim

(✿◠‿◠)

much love...

 
At Saturday, January 30, 2021 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I always feel super awkward when I get my picture taken, but yeah, it is nice to remember the cool places we've been with awesome people. :)

 
At Saturday, January 30, 2021 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

We are marked by our past experiences, whether we are aware of it or not. I'm glad you were marked in a good way by Provence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home