Saturday, January 09, 2021

Sunday Muse Poem ~~ Apple off the Tree


I'd Like to Be: 
Apple in Glass 

Apple apple in my mirror 
who is the most delicious here 
Please say it's me not far from tree 
It's you it's you Jonathan dear 

Apple apple of my right eye 
Mirror mirror please say again 
Slice it as you can, taste of me 
I'm picking you your bite and all 

That dread bite sucks forgive my fall 
I'd like to retrieve what is lost 
The best part of the stolen fruit 
Stolen from you stolen from me 

My dear aunt don't mourn for the lost 
Savor what is left, my beauty 
It won't last long more thieves will come 
One more bite all I want from you 

I'm the family's last must preserve 
Granny Smith's skin so smooth I have 
Dark skin blue eyes and hair so blond 
Features I love, father's, mother's 
  
That's fine with me my dear auntie 
Please bite my rear where doesn't show 
When I fall again way I'll be  
Apple in the glass you may stay 
 _ _ _   

= Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo from Carrie Van Horn as inspirational prompt, at https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/01/sunday-muse-142.html

8 Comments:

At Saturday, January 09, 2021 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Gotta save the Granny Smiths This made me smile...read it several times. Thanks so much Jim for joining in today.

 
At Saturday, January 09, 2021 3:07:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Jonathan was stolen, but at least you had Granny! The apple didn't fall far from the tree after all.

 
At Saturday, January 09, 2021 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

But Jim!! You forgot Honey Crisp🤣

 
At Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:29:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Eerie and funny at the same time -- so many apples! :)

 
At Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

I enjoyed reading this, the presentation unique tongue in cheek. Well done!

 
At Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:56:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

Very cool construct and interplay of the lines!

 
At Monday, January 11, 2021 8:45:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Apples in abundance, i can well understand you not wanting the one in the mirror

Thanks for dropping by to read mine

Happy New Year Jim

Much✨love

 
At Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes this is a definitely a dark and light bite of apple poetry. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home