Saturday, September 19, 2020

Up and Down ~~ a Poem of Fire for The Sunday Muse

 

   Image: Brooke Shaden 

The Night 

We're setting the night on fire 
You sing we'll get a lot higher 
To the left rise above the smoke 
Smoke ruins brain cells of the dolts  

Higher and higher, light the night 
Come with me and we'll make the light  
Feed the birds we'll soar with sparrows  
We'll not come down till the morrow 

Burn burn burn we cuddle and play   
Sing and dance burn the night away 
Drive down main street cruise with the fold 
There'll come a day when we're to old 

When we come down don't hit the ground 
In to the day glide together 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo Image by Brooke Shaden used as inspirational prompt was suggested by Fireblossom at The Sunday Muse # 126, http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/09/sunday-muse-126.html?m=1 
 - After seeing the picture I immediately thought of Jim Morrison of The Doors song, "Light My Fire" (https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/doors/lightmyfire.html) and of Johnny Cash with "The Ring of Fire." (https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnnycash/ringoffire.html
 - P,S,  I am too old for this now, I can only reminisce 




Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:18:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "Feed the birds, we'll soar with sparrows".......and the invitation to do it before one is too old - too late for me for that message, Jim. LOL........my dad used to say youth is wasted on the young. I didnt understand back then, but I do now. Smiles.

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Feed the birds we'll sour with sparrows is a glorious line Jim! Some wisdom flying here too. Lovely!

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

... never too old. A lovely poem, Jim.

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:46:00 AM, Blogger qbit said...

"we'll make the light / Feed the birds" - terrific!

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

Feed the birds we'll soar with sparrows
We'll not come down till the morrow

great lines

you were definitely inspired by The Doors and Cash. Only problem is now their songs are looping in my head.

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Disco Inferno? ;-)

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 3:47:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Jim, that “too old” day comes so damned quickly. I was told that when I was young, looking ahead down that long rode, over that distant rise — never really understood it... as my 74th approaches, the message has become much clearer. ;)

 
At Monday, September 21, 2020 9:01:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

This is one I'd love to hear set to music so I could keep it on repeat. :)

 
At Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Other Mary said...

I definitely got the Jim Morrison in here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home