Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Goodby World--Cruel or Nice ~~ a Poem for Weekly Scribblings



I am writing;
  final message to the world 

I am writing to my dear friends
Acquaintances too
With time passing fast near my end
Numbered days are few

I'm saying my goodbyes to you
Be my end tonight
Or several dreary days or two
I'll give up the fight

Don't worry for me cry boohoo 
I've led a good life
Done everything I need to do
And nice to my wife

Raised five good kids they're much like me
Six grandkids like them
Four great-grands aged twenty to three
And two Diadems**

Been places I wanted to go
With six continents
Artic Circle and Cape Good Hope
Skyscrapers and tents

Kissed the Blarney Stone saw the Queen
Pet the kangaroo
Walked the Wall of China between
Twenty times I've cruised

Lay here bored to tears on my face  
Aimed to better place

Farewell

Writer's Notes
 - I am in fairly good health and dying is not in my plans for a bit.  But "I have done all the things I need to do" and most of the things that I want to do.
 - **Diadems.  They are the two Family Jewels, great-great-grandchildren, ages one and three.
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo and theme, A Last Written Work, hosted by Rosemary for Weekly Scribblings # 37 at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/09/weekly-scribblings-37-last-messages.html?m=1
 - Per Rosemary's request, "today I ask you to write your own death-bed reflections – way ahead of time, we trust! I'd like a new piece of writing, please, in prose or poetry."



Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, you have certainly lived a full an adventurous life! Glad you're not planning to stop any time soon.

 
At Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Luv that hour final voyage is to "a better place"

Thanks for dropping by to read mine

Much💛love

 
At Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I love how we senior citizen types can look back, put the wonderful times and sometimes not so wonderful ~ out there for all to see! Refreshing, candid and illuminating.

 
At Friday, September 18, 2020 9:09:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

What a lovely capture of a life well lived. I've no doubt you're headed for that "better place"!

 
At Friday, September 18, 2020 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Goodbyes are always a wee bit easier when we have good things to remember, to take with us and share with those we live behind.

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

A loving family, a bit of travel and adventure... sounds like a very good life to me.

 
At Monday, September 21, 2020 7:25:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

You sound so content with your life thus far. Well-rounded in the things you have seen, and the large family you have been fortunate to have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home