Saturday, August 22, 2020

Poem, Sunday Muse # 122, Guatemala

 Art by helldivo at DeviantArt

I'm Watching My Friend;
  in my mind

But my eye is on Guatemala today
Guatemala is where I want to go
Look closely you can see it on my face

It's not a secret most anyone can tell
There in Guatemala I left my friend
Friend so dear--she can't come here I must go
 
A coyote I must pay border to breach
Pay with dollars hard earned some donated
Her lovely self and I we meet again

Together we must stay and part we must not
Spousal citizen I'll become for you
Guatemala in my eye ever more 


At Antigua,  Guatemala,  this is our mission group from Texas with our guides.

This poem is Fiction, it is not me except for the added bottom picture, I am on the left, front.
 _ _ _ _

 - More Guatemala photos on my blog, click here
 - Poem Copyright, 2020 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo prompt found where I'm linked to Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse # 122, http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/08/sunday-muse-122.html?m=1

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Saturday, August 22, 2020 3:06:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Guatamala would have fit in my poem very well! It's a name to carry a dreamer methinks!

 
At Saturday, August 22, 2020 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I love how you captured the image Jim. Lovely sentiments within the lines. Love the mission group photo. I shall click on the link beside it to see more.

 
At Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:29:00 PM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Lovely rendering of the image into emotion. :)

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2020 8:52:00 AM, Blogger qbit said...

"No regrets, coyote." I would love a chance to visit Guatamala!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2020 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah, to have been in Guatemala....how lovely, Jim. I love the photo, and that you were there with a church group, helping people.

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2020 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

It seems you have found your destination point and it has a wondrous view.

 
At Monday, August 24, 2020 2:05:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Love the poem and the photo!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2020 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Well, Jim ... I think you should join me in French Polynesia .... Great pic and poem combo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home