Saturday, August 01, 2020

Poem ~~ Lady and her Bird

Alone; 
 we cried 

I cried again today
'twill be my last
She and her crazy bird
they flew the coup
They filled their case and left
no kiss "Goodbye"
Now we are here alone
me and my dog

We cried and cried that day
left and they're gone 
They might as well had joined 
the circus call 
I don't know where she went, 
she and that bird 
But me and my dog here 
are all alone 

If you see them somewhere 
and they wonder 
Yes I cried more today 
but there's no more 
No more tears for her and 
that crazy bird  
Me and my dog alone 
we'll cry no more 

And if she wants to come 
we have a place 
A place to live for her 
and silly bird 
I'll say I'm sorry for 
whatever was 
I hope she's sorry too 
she knows for what 

Now they're gone it's alright 
she and the bird 
Dog and me wait no more 
our tears are gone 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Carrie Van Horn at the Sunday Muse # 119,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/08/sunday-muse-119.html?m=1 
..

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, August 01, 2020 8:36:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

So sad yet also sweet. It is wonderful to see you this week Jim. Take care and stay safe my friend.

 
At Saturday, August 01, 2020 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am hoping this is fiction, Jim.......lovely to read you, always. Stay safe.

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 4:06:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Comes a time when the tears must stop
Nice one Jim

much💝love

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 5:47:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Fiction, yes, but I have expeeienced somewat similar as most marriage and serious relations breakup issues are.
Thank you Rosemary. You too stay safe.
,,

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 7:13:00 AM, Blogger qbit said...

You might be over it, but I suspect the dog still pines and watches the front door!

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 8:31:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

A tour of heartbreak all the way to...calm? Sharp pain to dull? Evocative.

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

I think the tears are palpable. Heartbreak is never easy and those endless tears leaves one exhausted.

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 12:36:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Sounda as if you and dog have shed your tears, and are quite prepared to say goodbye...but not exactly keeping the door closed. Hmmm

 
At Sunday, August 02, 2020 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Sucha heaviness of heart...and so many tears! Loved this

 
At Monday, August 03, 2020 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, the melancholy of this piece goes right to my heart. Loss and its yearning are so powerfully written in this poem.

 
At Monday, August 03, 2020 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Sreeja said...

It's sad, an yearning to be understood echoes in every line...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home