Thursday, June 25, 2020

A Flirty and Winky Poem

[photo furnished by Fireblossom

Winkem and Blinkem; 
   winking girls  

Winkem was a little flirt and  
Blinkem was a flirt wannabe
Winkem learned to wink from her dad
Blinkem never could so she blinked 

Then that day on the porch Voilà!!
Out of nowhere came that wonder
Wondrous talent, she was winking
Winking at the dogs kittens too

Soon walked near a cute young fellow
Winking she tried but only blinked
Wise sister told "Afraid you can't
That pleasure will come in your teens"
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo from Fireblisom for my last post for her prompt then, Sunday Muse #113 at http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-sunday-muse-113.html?m=1
 - This Poem is linked with Sanaa  Rizvi in the Writer's Pantry  at  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/06/writers-pantry-25-summer-solstice.html?m=1
 - My previous poem with these girls is at https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2020/06/a-poem-for-sunday-muse-113.html?m=1

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, June 26, 2020 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I remember how difficult it was to learn to wink! I did learn that at last, and also how to whistle, but never mastered clicking my fingers. :(

 
At Friday, June 26, 2020 2:55:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Now we've met Winkem and Blinkem --- but where was Nod? I thought they were a three some! Perhaps another story?

 
At Friday, June 26, 2020 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Could you teach me to snap my fingers and do one of those loud finger whistles. I bet you could.

 
At Friday, June 26, 2020 7:20:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This is such a fun story. Winking is fine, but I never learned to whistle.

 
At Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:36:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Light and delightful. It reminds me that only half my family can actually wink!

 
At Saturday, June 27, 2020 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

I always thought winking was natural, I never knew it was a talent, like rolling a tongue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home