Saturday, June 13, 2020

A Poem -- Artistic Interpretation

"Perfect Balance" 
Surreal Art Photography
by Luisa Azevedo

Secret Keeping

I carry the weight of the world  
All in my head 'be safe and sound 
Secrets, they're  yours, mine, others, past  
That's well and good for us around 

But some times things get to be much 
And when that comes things do leak out 
Like deer in heat from antler horns 
Antennas tuned for high power 

Best close the mouth and plug those ears 
Ship is leaving tales last for years 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - Picture "Perfect BalanceSurreal Art Photography by Luisa Azevedo  
 - I'm linked with Carrie Van Horn with "Sunday Muse #112" at http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/06/sunday-muse-112.html?m=1 
 - Note:  I  generally try to write so that my poem/writing will be able to  stand alone, separated from the illustrating picture.  Here the two are meant to work together as in  ekphrastic writing (see "Ekphrastic Poetry: Definition and Examples" article, click here).  
.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Saturday, June 13, 2020 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

As of my last writing, see my Christmas Tree blog, I am on Sabatical from writing for at least two weeks or until I catch up with some neglected things at home and in my life.
Before it's close from time to time I may post as I did this one.
My last I was sooo busy I neglected returning some comments from yours left on Christmas Tree.
For that almost unforgivable sin I am sorry. Please Forgive me.
..

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

My "Christmas Tree" blog:
https://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/?m=1
..

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 6:55:00 PM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Interesting take--unexpected and visceral (especially the weight of carrying a small ocean).

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

Carrying that heavy of a weight some is bound to leak out.

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:02:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

Yes, eventually something leaks out. Nice job.

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Love this Jim! It speaks volumes beautifully!

 
At Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Enjoy your sabbatical and come back ready to give us more poetry. Nice pairing of image and words, Jim.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2020 3:14:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Yep, carrying so much has to cause leaks. Stay safe, my friend.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2020 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I would trust an elk to keep things in balance better than we do. Smiles. Nice to read you, Jim.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2020 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We try to carry so much...In the end we must take history's weight off and move in what changes we can bring to today.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2020 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Insightful, and image full. I often feel that heavy headed taking in all the news. Leaks are necessary.

 
At Monday, June 15, 2020 8:12:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

The opening lines lead into a deeply insightful write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home