Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Morning Poem, Couldn't be helped woke up this way


     An Elevensies Trio **

Hopping around mostly on fours
I meditate in your front yard
drink water from a pan you gave
and there nibble some pretty reds
Next dig a hole in your back yard ****

A white tail rabbit for today

Been busy bunny this morning
now it's time for a nap . . . . Unless
adventure may call--hit the road
Teenagers speed, man with a bow,
lady's poison . . . . All early death



 * * * *

Strapped in a chair Electrodes burn
A big decision made that day
I answered the call, Adventure
Family's proud though them I've forsook
Making the news I hope it's good

Rocket Man, today Astronaut

Started as a kid first liftoff
I was aboard for every one
Strapped to my chair joystick in hand
Traveled to distant lands and seas
Made quick stops for supper with Mom

My granddaughter launches her Rocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAawn4haloU

* * * *

I made a quick stop fatal night
by stopping at a late night deli
the clerk cried, phony money here
He called the cops and I was had *
I was cuffed they led me away

Dead from the start by a cop's knee

You know the rest unpleasant deal
Another Black, too much to drink
he must pay know we're in control
White teens are treated that way too ***
LA revived, "Burn baby burn"

George Floyd RIP
_ _ _ _

 - Top photo from Carrie's post, linked below.
 - YouTube (2006), Second Photo,  and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2006 and 2020, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-muse-110.html?m=1

- Notes:
- - * This account tells of a life in music as Big Floyd after his pro football career.   The account,  https://www.bet.com/music/2020/05/27/big-floyd-houston-rapper.html
 - - ** Rosemary introduced the new to me poetry form, Elevensies, which are eleven line poems with the title being in sixth line, i.e. the middle spot.  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/05/wild-fridays-21-thought-provokers.html?m=1
 - - *** Harassments and keeping them in line of the teens and youthful men has been going on since my day.   I remember each of the several times I had been stopped by the law in my earlier days.  For really nothing except to instill fear.
 - - **** Re the Rabbit, this has been true up to here and most of the after.  I blogged about it this week, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2020/05/the-letter-v-weekend-roundup-and_29.html

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

MY GOODNESS! Three for the price of one. Elevensies at that .... Jim I am mighty impressed.

 
At Saturday, May 30, 2020 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I second what Helen said! Thanks for joining us Jim. I hope all is well with you these days.

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2020 2:49:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Excellent trio, encompassing many different emotions.

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:59:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

That sense of adventure with danger coiling just behind...

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am really feeling the current situation, as I started writing about civil rights and socil justice at age fourteen. Now 73, and things are horrible. It is extremely discouraging.

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:41:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Three great elevensies. Come to think of it, the rabbit and George Floyd were a lot alike - each just trying to live life yet facing death. Floyd's senseless death rips at the heart of a nation. May justice prevail.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2020 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What an excellent trio of elevensies, Jim! A form new to us all at this point, not only you. You rocked it!

Loved the little launch movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home