Saturday, May 09, 2020

Poem for Mothers

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


Motherly Love

Mama I love you 
So very much I love 
I know you love me 
Feed me kiss me caress 

Forever I'll love 
And when I'm bigger 
I'll love you even more 
You'll protect me always 

Teach me to be safe 
Little boys are fair game 
Fathers jealous men 
I'll have to run and hide 

And when older still 
I'll remeber that love 
Then to my bride 
Love her as you taught me 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-muse-107.html?m=1 
 - Note:  I generally try to make my writing to be independent to stand alone from the accomping photo.  This said I do know that tigers have harems, I'm sure they love each as they learned from their mother.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Saturday, May 09, 2020 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

A lovely poem for your mother .... sons and mothers have a unique bond. I know.

 
At Saturday, May 09, 2020 5:33:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Beautiful Jim! Yes a mother does have a big impact on how a man learns to relate to and love a woman.

 
At Saturday, May 09, 2020 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

A son learns a lot from his mother. It is awesome when they treat their wives well because of it.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2020 3:05:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Great take, Jim.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2020 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

How beautiful. I was particularly struck by the "Little boys are fair game / Fathers jealous men". It gives it an air of danger with the mother as protectress. A mother's love is a force to be reckoned, even if it means standing up to her mate.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2020 8:57:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Inspiring and hopeful.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2020 9:09:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

Nice!

 
At Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Direct and loving, a powerful promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home