Saturday, April 25, 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 25 - Poem for Sunday Muse

 "The Sea Within" painting by 

Sea Within 

What do I see in the 
sea within 
Little glass bowl full of toys 
and one small fishie 
We named her Betsy we 
watch her swim 
She seemed to like us 
could  you love a fish 

It would be so easy were 
your head like a pretty little 
glass bowl 
I sit by hours watching 
when you are asleep 
I wish it were always like 
that glass bowl 
Fishes there to tell me from  
within your pretty head 

Because at times I wonder 
Do you love me like I love you 
There's flowers in the morning 
and chocolate at noon 
Both telling me that 
you love me so very much 

Like I love you 
_ _ _ 

 - Poèm Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked for my prompt with Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse,  
http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/04/sunday-muse-105.html?m=1
 - I'm also linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-21-25.html?m=1
 - And with  NaPoWriM Day   at  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-five-6/

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

The heart is a complicated landscape. Your poem is beautiful and sweet Jim! Hope all is well with you these days.

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

If I had a glass head, would I have a brain? Only Betsy knows ~~~~

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:12:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

So glad I don't have a glass head. I wouldn't want everyone to know everything that goes on in there!! A sweet, romantic poem, Jim!

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

So sweet, watching the loved one as they sleep. A lovely poem, Jim.

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 3:04:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

"What do I see in the
sea within" - nice!

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:44:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Both both telling me that
you love me so very much

One need not verbalize to be reassured. Classic close Dr Jim. You captured the typical tell-tale signs that one normally look for in body language or circumstances that exhibit tenderness. That itself will lead to the feelings of wanting to be together. It naturally fosters friendship in a good relationship. Great!

Hank

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2020 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I love the image you create of Betsy and watching her swim ... and I love this poem and where it led you.

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2020 4:09:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Beautiful!

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2020 8:21:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Clever segue from fish to thought and the conclusion was lovely.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 2:09:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Good one, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home