Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 14 of NaplPoWriMo 2020 -- an Apology-not Poem


[Dad, Uncles, Grandpa, and Grandma]

A Non-apology;
  for things you’ve ...

Have you ever stolen something?
Doesn't take much thinking, does it?
Right away your conscience will tell

Was there a pack of cigarettes
When you were a bit young to buy
Stole them from your grandfathers car

I've thought about that now and then
Well I did that and glad I did
Now that he's dead and gone who cares
 _ _ _

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-11-15.html?m=1 
 - I'm also linked with NaPoWriMo Day 14 at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-fourteen-7/ where the theme was inspiration of someone in the past.  My Grandfather was always making rhymes at the stop signs in our multiple car rides we had.  Guess inherited rather than inspired should be my word.  Plus Grandmother was a school teacher before they married.  I've taught all my life, even as an Aerospace Engineer.
 - Day 13, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-thirteen-6/ at NaPoWriMo was the inspiration for this one, "Not apologizing" for some deed we'd done in the past.  But I didn't finish it in time for yesterday.
 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I once stole a cigarette from my mother...smoked it and learned I never wanted to do it again.

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I haven't smoked before but understand the sentiments you portray here.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:14:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, I do like the complete lack of remorse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home