Saturday, April 04, 2020

Dream and Worry - Day 4 of NaPoWriMo 2020


Tea in China 

All the tea in China 
What does that mean to me
Why was that on my mind 
It woke me up at five 

The sleep I lost today 
Big problem of the world 
That could be I don't know
Was no bother before 

I've heard it all my life 
Must have dreamt it last night 
China men pointy hats 
Long black coats and rickshaws 

Have it still on my mind 
Mark Twain's "Punch brother punch" 
That ditty was to him 
This is to me.  Earworm 

So I tell it to you 
Then perhaps you might care 
And I can sleep again 
Because with you I shared 

Drink coffee with my bride 
And let another care 
_ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright,  All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Day Four National Poetry Writing Month at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-four-8/  (Dreams)


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, April 04, 2020 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sweet dreams to you!

 
At Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Beautiful!

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Sleep is not too generous to me at the moment either, it was 3.00am the other night. I can imagine my brain thinking "Wake up, can't you talk to me?!"

 
At Sunday, April 05, 2020 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sleep is not easy for many of us...We are living a strange dream that invades our sleep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home