Sunday, March 29, 2020

LOL; Graffiti Artist I
   Image Source

There was this Little Old Lady.
LOL for short.  Short she was
on her funky ladder standing

Standing there with paint brush in hand
Town's budding graffiti artist
No one knew who this artist was

Clever and sly then one clear day
Caught in the act run away try
Her funky ladder it did fly

Police were fooled thought she would roll 
Long gone our LOL did flee 
Yon town gets her graffiti 
 _ _ _ 

Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
I am linked with Carrie Van Horn of the Sunday Muse #101 at http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/03/sunday-muse-101.html?m=1

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:46:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

I'll never think of LOL in the same way :) Love how this reads like a ballad.

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2020 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

This reads like a fun limerick .... ho ho ho.

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2020 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I am with Anthony on the LOL! 🤣Clever and made me smile! I think society so much of the time under estimates the true strength of mind their true elders have to offer and we do need to protect their frailty with love and respect. I enjoyed your LOL story poem Jim. Take care and have a great weekend. 😎

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2020 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, I just read your comment on my Caseyville post. What an amazing history when it comes to your early education. And the young women who took their lives, heartbreaking. I have sobbed more than several times in my life but I do remember January 1968. My husband and father of our children survived the Tet Offensive in Danang.

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2020 3:28:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Helen, I am real sorry to hear about the Tet Offensive. I feel for all those and the memories from that must overwhelm.
My education is equally long and a bit boring from the eleventh up. 26 years between 11th start and my last degree. I dropped out for eleven years. 
..

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2020 5:20:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

LOL, nice!

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 11:15:00 AM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

LOL for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home