Thursday, March 05, 2020

Good News poem (not so good)

        Coney Island NYC, USA

Dearest Dad 

Well, Dad, back in the USA  
New York city to be exact 
Not quite exact, I'm on the beach 

There's big crowds that come every day 
Someone will take me home real soon 
Here's to beat the bum last  time was 

That was a real bummer (new pun)
Like running with a pack of dogs 
They picked a leader, off we went 

But Son's okay here, please tell Mom 
When I get a home, see me then 
Lets hope it's soon. 

I love you Dad 
 _ _ _ 

  - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved  
 - Photo,  an old Post Card from Margaret, please see the link below 
 - I am linked with Margaret at Artistic Interpretations,  https://postcardartisticinterpretations.blogspot.com/2020/02/blog-post.html?m=1

 - This is my second Postcard Poem that I've written from Coney Island (NO, I'M NOT THERE, just my "I LEFT HOME GUY" is) , my first older Postcard Poem (not me either) is here, please read it too if you'd like.  It is a little hard to take,  https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2016/07/dear-daddy-postcard-poem-project.html?m=1

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, March 05, 2020 8:22:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

A bit of beach after serving sounds fine as long as he heads home soon!

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 7:05:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

A touching post card poem, Jim!💝

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 7:57:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Stay on the beach as long as you wish. Have a bummer😊 happy Sunday Jim

Much❤love

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 8:11:00 AM, Blogger scotthastiepoet said...

Hey Jim, - your piece made me smile this Sunday... Oh to be a Dad! And Oh to be a son, for that matter too...

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 11:02:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think that this would not make a father feel safe for his son...

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 1:42:00 PM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

I would have been worried too...
Anna :o]

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 3:26:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

I enjoyed your bit of the beach!

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I really enjoy your postcard poems, and will pay Margaret's site a visit as I might want to try this idea for myself.

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, just did that, and I see that writing it as an actual postcard is your own idea – and that is the one I love. I'll have to look for local postcards – or old ones from other places I've been – and see what I can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home