Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Mother-to-be, little bird - Day 01 of NaplPoWriMo 2020

    [nest is above the drainpipe

My Heart this Week

I am the little mother 
Mother-to-be little dove 

You may think that is scary 
Responsibility loved 

Smallish memory is short 
I may have been here before 

Was I the little bird who 
hatched her brood here in this nest 

Or the runt born here last year 
Runt of last year's brood come back 

Guided, invisible hand 
One I don't know got me here 

It could have been my husband 
Faithful friend father-to-be 

This our family home for years 
Safe secure under the eaves 

Little Dove, Mother-to-be 

(I, Jim, live in home behind)
(My heart this week?  Little bird)
 _ _ _ _ 

 - Photos and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rommy at Weekly Scribbles,    https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/04/weekly-scribblings-13-all-small-things.html?m=1
 - Also I'm linked to http://www.napowrimo.net/day-one-2/, daily National Poetry Writing Month coordinators when I connect.  Click on "Participants' Sites' link at the top of Day 1 page to read other bloggers' poems.
 - And I am linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden which is reopened for April, National Poetry Month, at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-1-5.html?m=1
There I used a prompt formerly suggested by Marian  at April is for Fools and Poets 
 - I plan to write a poem each week or even daily.  We are shut-ins until April 30 per our Governor's COVID 19 orders.  We will see if I live that long.  💝

Our doves have been returning since 2016 to hatch a brood of baby doves.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Little bird is a mighty fine treat today.

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 1:09:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Conversations wit a dove in social distancing times cam be rather amusing, this made me smile
Happy Wednesday Jim

much love...

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 2:50:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

Aw! I hope she and her brood thrive.

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 4:07:00 PM, Blogger Marja said...

Wonderful and how special to have a little dove outside your home

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Hello, Bird-Heart Jim! You are all little birds who brood, who make shelters, who mother their young. God's heart is obviously beating in your heart. God's wings are moving your wings. God's shadow is protecting your brood from harm. Amen.

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

How lovely to have a little bird family nesting year after year. I love that the birds are happy and busy, not dragged down by the cares we humans have. I love watching them on my balcony where I have a tray of seed out for them.

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 8:38:00 PM, Blogger Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

Mourning doves and robins love downspouts, don't they? Good luck on this year's brood.

 
At Wednesday, April 01, 2020 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Often with reurring visits of nesting bird you realise eventually that one of the mothers offspring has decided to nest there as well and that the original mother has long gone. However as long as the family is happy and safe that's fine.

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, what a darling poem! I was once told by a Hare Krishna friend that it's a good sign when wild creatures come to share our homes. (There are some I could do without – but a nest of birds under the eaves must be good.)

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 2:33:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I take a lot of comfort from the birds of my garden.

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 4:33:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

How delightful for you to have the company of the little mother-to-be dove, Jim, and the possibility that she is a returning dove.

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so lovely!!!💘

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:56:00 PM, Blogger Myrna R. said...

I love little birds and I know you have many near by. Loved this poem.

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

What a lovely little gift to celebrate with this April

 
At Thursday, April 02, 2020 6:47:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

I have a pair of doves that come often to my feeder, but I've never found where they nest. You are fortunate to be able to watch the process year after year!

 
At Wednesday, April 08, 2020 8:36:00 AM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This was lovely to read, Jim. Our little birdhouse has no tenants yet, but we hope it will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home