Friday, April 24, 2020

NaPoWriMo 2020 Day 24 - a "Finds Poem"

 
(I love to find old Zombie Trees along the road. [jimmiehov 2018])

Zombie Finds 

I woke up this morning at four 
I couldn't sleep no more 
My dream woke me up, end of night 
My passion, had to write 

It was of a grove of Zombie trees 
Alive no longer be 
But inside those skeletons lie 
Spirits call to the sky 

Listen and be very quiet 
Spirits not gone just yet 
Waiting praise and prayer might be long 
Basque in their heav'nly song 

And when accepted by above 
They crumble to that love 
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor  in the Imaginary  Garden  at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-21-25.html?m=1 
 - which lead to Sherry Blue Sky's April 24, 2019 post,   in the Imaginary Garden  at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/wordy-wednesday-with-wild-woman-natural.html?m=1 
 - And I am linked with NaPoWriMo Day at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-four-6/

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, April 24, 2020 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "Spirits call to the sky." And the spirits waiting for prayers and songs to lift them higher. Cool, Jim.

 
At Friday, April 24, 2020 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I love this tale of the trees. It think dead trees are sometimes the most beautiful of all, in their own way.

 
At Friday, April 24, 2020 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

*I think

 
At Friday, April 24, 2020 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

But inside those skeletons lie Spirits call to the sky ... Love that line. Oh when will we truly appreciate all things living?

 
At Friday, April 24, 2020 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is beautiful! I resonate with; "Spirits not gone just yet/Waiting praise and prayer might be long."

 
At Friday, April 24, 2020 8:10:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Waiting praise and prayer might be long
Basque in their heav'nly song
And when accepted by above
They crumble to that love

If they have to wait for too long, then they'll readily succumb to any slight feelings of love. Submissions easily happen out of frustrations! Very true Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I enjoy all poems about trees, Jim, but this one really got to me. We have many trees up here in the flat Norfolk landscape that have been storm-blown into zombie shapes. I like the use of the imperative ‘Listen and be very quiet’, which got me listening for those spirits calling to the sky.

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:05:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

He does look like he's trying to reach out and grab you.

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2020 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Zombie Trees... now I have a new name for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home