Sunday, April 19, 2020

NaplPoWriMo 2020 Day 19 -- Poem, A Morning at the Pier


At the Pier 

Here I am sitting
Here I sit dangling my legs
On this pier my thoughts are born
My dreams are wished, feet get washed

My wishes disclosed 
COVID 19, go away
For Rainbow's end Pot of Gold
Food on table and food line

And my feet get washed
The fishes swim over them
I don't need soap--wouldn't work
Big fish I'll grab with my net

And then?
Wave goodbye to fish and  ships
Dog glad to have me come home
Make us some  food fish and chips 

Jim's Happy Beagle, Adi 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
  - I am linked with Margaret at Artistic Interpretations,  https://postcardartisticinterpretations.blogspot.com/2020/04/artistic-interpretations-3-moonlight.html?m=1
 - I'm also linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Writer's Pantry at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/04/writers-pantry-16-april-prepares-us-for.html?m=1
 - And with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-16-20.html?m=1
 - And with NaPoWriM Day 19 at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-nineteen-5/

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Well done!

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2020 12:51:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

We all wish that the virus will vanish.

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hopefully the virus will dissipate soon!

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2020 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Virus be gone!

 
At Monday, April 20, 2020 1:38:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I like the whimsical feel of the opening stanza, Jim, and the play on words in ‘My dreams are wished, feet get washed’ and ‘Wave goodbye to fish and ships … Make us some food fish and chips’.

 
At Monday, April 20, 2020 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Bye Bye 19.

 
At Monday, April 20, 2020 8:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wished and washed. I always love sitting on a pier. Thanks for writing to my prompt. I 'll try and figure out how to link it up late if I can. I've been so busy lately with schooling at home and cooking for a large crew I've had NO time for art or poetry. Hope that will change soon - I haven't even posted the new challenge yet - seems like people have enough inspiration. We will see if it catches on, it not, it's not a big deal. :)

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2020 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

As long as we can wish and wash, all will be well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home