Saturday, May 02, 2020

Sunday Muse - Poem, My Day

"A distant future" 
photography by Raluca Caragea 

Some Days 

Some days I wish I were tall 
For then I would feel complete 
I'd hang pictures on the wall 
Like others not a great feat 

Ordinary things like I'd do 
Marvel at pictures I find 
Seaside cottages greet you 
People feasting come to mind 

Bridges over brooks I'd walk 
Count turtles there underneath 
Toss some bread and watch them flock 
Walk up the hill sunset see 

Grab my face off the table  
Some day go when I'm able 
 _ _ _ 

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked Carrie Van Horn at Sunday Muse,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-muse-106.html?m=1 

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, May 02, 2020 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I certainly know that feeling Jim. Nice one! Hope you have a great weekend, and stay safe my friend.

 
At Saturday, May 02, 2020 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I would love to walk across a bridge over a brook full of turtles! Good one, Jim!

 
At Saturday, May 02, 2020 1:51:00 PM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Excellent musings, Jim. Sounds like a great place to exist in.

 
At Saturday, May 02, 2020 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Love 'grab my face off the table!' Happy Weekend to you and Mrs. Jim.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Sounds familiar, Jim! I’m only 5’ 5” and my husband is 6’ 5”, although I use a stepladder to hang pictures! I love the final lines.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 8:54:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

I enjoyed the rhyming flow. I saw some turtles yesterday basking on a rock in the sun. I counted two.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 9:30:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

That last couplet...just a marvelous, devastating turn.

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 5:08:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Nice rhythm, almost lilting sing-along. I like it!

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 7:44:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Grab my face off the table
Some day go when I'm able

How fun it would be Dr Jim, to be back to the old normal for a start.The virus is causing untold misery personally to each one directly. Of more concern it tore apart the clock-work ways and system of the economic health of world commerce which eventually will adversely affect everyone! We have not seen the worse yet!

Hank

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2020 8:11:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

"Grab my face off the table
Some day go when I'm able " -- great language and image!

 
At Friday, May 08, 2020 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

A yearning I can understand, and you make me see it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home