Thursday, April 30, 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 30 - Poem, End of my Line

First, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to 
WILLIE NELSON at 87
(also see my 2013 blog, click here)
 _ _ _ 


    [My pictures, Luckenbach, Texas, Copyright, Jimmiehov 2009, All Rights Reserved
  _ _ _ _

 I won't be dead

Though I won't be dead, instead
I'll hear and see you but
But I can't relate back to you
Not one word or gesture you'll get

Disease for which they've found no cure

Someone must take good care of me
Know when I'm happy or I'm sad
Know if sick or well or hungry

Compare me to useless chicken 

Animal with utility
But not me, totally worthless   
Thank you, Goodbye all, I love you 
_ _ _

- Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2008 and 2920, All Rights Reserved
- Links:
- - Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-days-26-30.html?m=1linking to
- - Isadora Gruye in the Imaginary Garden at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2015/04/bang-whimper-hiss.html?m=1  on April 30, 2015
- - NaPoWriMo Day 30 at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-thirty-6/
- Isadora's words:
"You will not die, but will no longer be able to interact with the world.  Whats the last thing you say?"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, April 30, 2020 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Excellent last words!

 
At Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Oh how sad. So many live in that horrible space. Wonderful last words❣️👍🙏

 
At Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Perfect last words!

 
At Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Perfect last words! Beautifully poignant.

 
At Friday, May 01, 2020 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, your ending is perfect. I often wonder what sort of memory footprint I am leaving. We have two daughters who can't have children. When the four of us are together we are always reminded we are looking at a tree branch that only has four leaves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home