Wednesday, June 03, 2020

An Acrostic Poem for Weekly Scribblings #22

D  I  S  C  I  P  L  I  N  E

Discipline, an unwelcome thought
It's a nine letter word
Scary when you're involved
Control is what we're thinking
It most always means a change
Preventive action keeps unwanteded behaviors in
Line
In person, this might entail exercise, eating, habits or other
Never say I can't do or not do
Every effort has been done before, self control
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Rommy at Wednesday Scribblingshttps://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/06/weekly-scribblings-22-it-takes-bit-of.html?m=1 where we were asked to write about "Discipline".

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 03, 2020 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

One of your most creative!! Cheers.

 
At Wednesday, June 03, 2020 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

It is scary when you yourself are disciplned, but as a parent it hurts to have to discipline a child.

 
At Thursday, June 04, 2020 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Acrostics are interesting, Jim, not only clever but also revealing a lot about the person who wrote them. I suspect that, like Robin, you were on the other end of discipline at school!

 
At Thursday, June 04, 2020 5:38:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Yes. LOL, but I've made it a point to demonstrate to my kids when I have to do it to myself (see guys... I'd love to watch TV with you, but here's what my work in-box looks like).

 
At Thursday, June 04, 2020 11:08:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

Such a clever approach, Jim. Well and admirably done~

 
At Saturday, June 06, 2020 8:16:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, a clever way of expressing discipline. With my ADD I have to write sticky notes and wallpaper the walls of my library to guide me toward accomplishing anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home