Thursday, July 30, 2020

Poem - for Sunday Muse


(Artist unknown)
(See reference below)

Where Next 

The other night I dreamed 
Dreamed a giant machine 
Gyroscope-like nonstop 
Harmless looking it seemed 

And so I climbed on 
Ride was nice, very fast 
Hold tight and look around
Perpetual motion doom 

It was then that I'd seen 
I was the only one 
riding there.  What to do 
Were there others before 

What were these giant jaws 
Open wide, swallow me?
No more time to ponder 
Jump this beastly machine 

I jumped.  I ran.  Away    
Now watching from afar 
big picture came clear, Green 
Giant people eater 

Then I awoke, sweaty 
Was there a meaning here 
To me? To our Nation? 
Congressman John Lewis? 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo was posted by Chrissa at the link below 
 - I am linked with Chrissa at Sunday Muse # 118http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/07/sunday-muse-118.html?m=1 
 - Sorry to be late.  We were with Mrs. Jim's family in Louisiana to attend her sister's funeral.  She died from COVID-19 following regab confinement after a terrible stroke.
 - Some might not be able to tell but I am officially on a blogging sabatical.  I do plan to continue following the alphabet weekly on my other blog and obviously write some here.   I just cannot help writing and reading blogs even if I say I wlll not.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:36:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Good one, Jim. Let’s say our nation, and John Lewis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home