Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My little Eliot book -- a Poem

Book of Cats

A time for living, a time for dying
Words of Solomon old and wise

I'll take Eliot today, Cats are fine
Love my Eliot from eBay  

I have no cat but my Eliot's fine
Cost fifty cents, he's on my shelf 

My little gem of 1939 
Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

A quote, With Cats, some say, one rule is true:
Don’t speak till you are spoken to ..."


Alas, like the Bible proverbial
I'll read it soon, one of these days  

Aside, Eliot's cat poem has made Broadway.  
Have you seen "Cats", the Broadway show?
 _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2014 and 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked with 

*Notes:
1.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Possum%27s_Book_of_Practical_Cats
"Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (1939) is a collection of whimsical poems by T. S. Eliot about feline psychology and sociology, published by Faber and Faber. It is the basis for the musical Cats. Eliot wrote the poems in the 1930s, and included them, under his assumed name "Old Possum", in letters to his godchildren." 
2.  My edition "features pen-and-ink drolleries by Edward Gorey throughout." Amazon dot Com  Mine is used and was 50 cents, post paid from an eBay seller.)
3.  'A quote, “With Cats...' Good Reads 
 

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:17:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

What a gem to have... love it.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Great find!

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Oh, wow Jim

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:38:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

How nice to have one. Cats on Broadway must be something special!

Hank

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:26:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Wow Jim!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home