Thursday, January 11, 2018

Cool Joe ~~ a Poem

[click on picture for larger size]
["Back" button gets you back here]  

Cool Joe 
 
Here I sit, watching traffic flow 
Flying Ace, dubyu dubyu One 
Missions hundreds, Sopwith Camel 
 
Famed Red Baron, nemesis mine 
He didn't win, Snoopy retired 
Noisy street doesn't bother me 
 
Beagle dogs are the best, just ask 
Ask 'Round Headed Kid', he'll agree 
Charlie Brown.  Woodstock, he'll say too  

Shortstop extraordinary 
Our baseball team, we never win 
Lucy Brown, she's the very worst 
 
Down this busy street, to school trudge 
They leave me by the door, alone 
Where is Peppermint Patty now 
 
That's where, when.  Why do I wake up 
Once again, watching traffic flow 

- - - - 

Photo and poem Copyright Jimmiehov, all rights Reserved
Photo is of my dresser top.  The Peanuts carton words: 
   "My life has become a bore
    Everything is the same day in and day out
    What I need is a change
    (last frame, Snoopy has changed his
     feet to the other end of his doghouse)"
 
I'm linked with Paul at the Imaginary Garden
Go there to see my writing suggestion
 
Family:
BrothersSpike, Andy,
  Olaf, Marbles, Rover
Sisters: Belle, Molly
Owner: Charlie Brown 
  (aka "Chuck)
Lila (previously)
Snoopy (beagle dog)
 Lucy ("Chuck's" sister)
Link to All the Characters 
(picture to the right also there)
 

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, January 12, 2018 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I ❤️ Snoopy and especially Schroeder at the piano 🎹

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 2:21:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

Fab stuff. I have a picture of snoopy atop his kennel at a typewriter as my facebook 'scribbles' logo.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Ah! Charlie Brown. My favourite characters are Snoopy, Pig Pen and Peppermint Patty - I just love the way she calls Charlie Brown Chuck!

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

I always liked Lucy as the psychiatrist... 25 cents please

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I loved Snoopy. My youngest called her first dog Snoopy, lol.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 2:27:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I loved the characters and grew up with the drawings...

 
At Friday, January 12, 2018 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

So much to love about Charlie Brown..

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Frank J. Tassone said...

Love Penuts! Snoopy is still the man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home