Tuesday, December 05, 2017

a little poem for Tuesday


New Year is Coming
 
Goodbye is coming soon to this old year
Times when you've not done so well New Year comes
no time for rejoicing but don't you cry
New Year's coming, time for another start

(
Not for everyone, if you can, take it
I did, was reserved for college teachers,
college kids, and the like, a brand new start

Fresh beginning, resolutions no need)  
_ _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Notes:
 - I'm linked with
 
 


 - I must stop at my friendly NAPA auto parts store in Montgomery, Texas, to pick up my 2018 NAPA Classic Car Calendar.  This car for January, 2017, is a 1967 Pontiac GTO Convertible.  You may remember these, I do.  I have a collection of the NAPA calendars dating back to the second one in the 1970's.

 - Photo is from a January search of my other blog (this calendar was posted Friday, January 06, 2017, scroll down a bit for it), http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=january
 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 06, 2017 1:08:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

New year, new beginnings. Well said. I often use my birthday as a new year for me.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2017 12:57:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Another year, another time but it came fast much too fast.Hoping next year to be better!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home