Friday, December 01, 2017

Friday Poem -- Goodbye

Goodbye my friend

Goodbye my friend, might we visit in the Spring 
The violets will be flowering but I won't
Won't be loving you.  Just renew our acquaintance
and catch up a bit if that's okay, we will see
 
Goodbye my friend, it has been nice your loving me
but only at the start.  Bitching I can't and won't 
take so very long, I must leave yours far behind 
If you'll stop and promise to be nice I may come
 
Goodbye my friend, aren't you glad we didn't make this
a done deal.  From the start the terms were bad for both
I think you had the better.  Quibble let us not
It's over now so that doesn't mater to me
 
Goodbye my friend, I hope it is easy for you
to say that to yourself.  It's over, often say
I tried to make it that way when I saw our thing
wouldn't work.  Didn't want tears from you, nor from me 
 
Goodbye my friend, a grown man now, I still can cry
Just as I did when we were younger.  Reason tells
crying in the heart is not for you, I will try 
Been a long time, seems years and years, but no longer
 
Goodbye my friend, take good care of my dog, will you 
I will send for her, I hope I'm where she can come 
Don't give her away, please.  You're very dear to her 
I love her so very much, will miss her always
 
Goodbye, my ship is leaving now.  People are here
to see us off, I didn't expect you to come
Spring will come, I'll be here.  Now you find someone new  
He has to be good to you, my word.  And my dog 

 

Saying "Goodbye", 
some of our new Russian friends to us on ship, and
 
 
the ship's crew and us waving from the top deck to
our new Russian friends left behind in Moscow.

- - - -
Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2006 and 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 

I'm linked with
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, December 01, 2017 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I think many people have experienced such a parting, with similar thoughts in mind. You put it all together very well, the voice is very authentic.

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2017 4:35:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Saying goodbye to both 'friends' can be most devastating. But there is still a hope extended for the return of the dog, which is brilliant!

Hank

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2017 8:22:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think you have expressed that thought of some partings that are for the best... and just maybe there might be occasions for paths that cross once again.

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2017 6:35:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, there are partings that need, but I think at times there is a hope we will cross paths again, only if it is to show how well we've moved on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home