Saturday, January 06, 2018

Mama, don't take ...

Mama don't

Mama don't take that pill tonight
Please stay here with me, we will play
Then you can put me to bed and
tuck me in tightly like I like

If you have to go please don't drink
Please don't drink that wine with the pill
Makes you goofy, not very nice
I worry about you driving  

(Well, I give up wishing for you)
(Afraid, you won't come back some day)
It would have been so nice I know
But Daddy can tuck me once more

.
_ _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
The Photo is a "Print Screen" from Kerry's directions, found at the link below.

Notes:
 - I'm linked with Kerry 

Kerry has asked us to write as we are inspired by the picture above which she provided.
 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, January 07, 2018 1:24:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Oh Jim, this is heartbreaking.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 2:27:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Jim, you write about the ills of substance abuse in a very touching way. I feel for both the mother and the son.. and the father too.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 3:36:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Alas it's all too common... good thing to have a dad who doesn't bruise him/her too... so often the two come in pairs.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 4:52:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so heart wrenching.. sigh..

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Too much in the news these days. Epidemic in WV

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Sreeja said...

Oh that's so painful...may God be with all kids💜

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Oh man, this is hard to read.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2018 1:56:00 PM, Blogger  said...

Man, those parentheticals ... Even if she wasn't gone yet, you had to give up on her to protect yourself. :(

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2018 6:54:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

If you have to go please don't drink
Please don't drink that wine with the pill
Makes you goofy, not very nice
I worry about you driving

Looking at this makes one feel so helpless. A child appealing to a mother can be so heart-rending. A Pill,drinking and driving is a fatal combination waiting to happen. The child too is helpless! Great thoughts here, Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:00:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Wow! This one really knocked me out, Jim. I could feel the heartbreak of the child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home