Thursday, December 28, 2017

Aspirations



More than I can handle;
bogged down 
 
What do I want, can you tell me
So many others have tried but
They all say for me to "want more"
 
Well I'll tell you what I've got here  
It's more than I can handle now
It keeps me busy day and night
 
So why would you think I'd want more
Colloquialism, quaint but true
Bitten off more than I can chew 

Please quiet while I mend my fence 
_ _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Notes:
 - I'm linked with Marian 
 
Marian has given us a video featuring the singer, DeQn Sue, where she is singing a song, Aspire.  From this and reading of her we are, from her inspiration, to write our feelings.  My head had this ditty right of way.  Getting old slows one down.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:58:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Yes, no more. Don't need more.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 4:29:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sometimes we have too much on our plates and can't really handle anything else. Beautifully poignant.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I love this, Jim. Of course at my age I can relate! Off to Florida for the month of January ... Happy New Year!

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:45:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think sometimes we might feel down... music always make me happier though, and I just listed and left my fence untended.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I hear you, Jim. What we have is more than enough, at this point.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:16:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, I've been there too many times. I finally learned to say no.

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2017 2:02:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Sometimes it gets to be too much, doesn't it? Hope you are feeling better soon and that come summer, you'll be working on your fence.

 
At Friday, December 29, 2017 3:50:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I know what you mean, Jim! Especially with the weather we've been having, I can understand the plea to 'Please quiet while I mend my fence'. :)

 
At Friday, December 29, 2017 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Mending fences, that is a lot to take on, just on its own. All good wishes for you and yours in the new year, Jim!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2017 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, know the feeling of haven bitten off more than I can chew. Nice piece.

 
At Friday, December 29, 2017 11:08:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Bitten off more than I can chew
Please quiet while I mend my fence

Review and retract if need be but good to make a clean break and do your own thing. Happy New Year Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Monday, January 01, 2018 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Frank J. Tassone said...

Always too much, always fences to mend. Poignant! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home