Sunday, December 10, 2017

"than bauk" form -- Fussy Little Forms

The Proposal;
love wins out 

I think I feel
Warm heart real hot
I realized
Then surmised you
and skies'd confirm
A long-term match
 
My sperm, we'll hatch?* 
_ _ _ _

Poem Copyright, © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Thank you, Marian, for introducing this form.  Read more about it here:
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/12/fussy-little-forms-than-bauk.html

In case you don't, here is an intro to the "than bauk" form: 

The than bauk form is a three-line poem with four syllables each, featuring rhymes in kind of a step pattern like this:

        x x x R        x x R x
        x R x x
One could chain together several to make a longer poem, like this:
            x x x A
            x x A x
            x A x B
            x x B x
            x B x C
            x x C x
            x C x x
*Note:
Translation:  "I love you very much, let us marry and you will have my babies?" 
                     (or something like that, I'm not so good with words like this)



Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Very well done. Sweet and a little.

 
At Monday, December 11, 2017 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Hah! I really like this, with that punch line at the end especially. It made me laugh and yes, very sweet. "Skies'd confirm a long-term match." :)

 
At Monday, December 11, 2017 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

You did well here. That last line was a pleasant surprise 😊

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Love this, Jim! I need to re-work mine ~~ did NOT manage the rhyme aspect at all.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:25:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely delightful!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home