Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dear Daddy ~~ a Postcard Poem project


Dear Daddy, wish you were here!
 . We are at the Coney Island Beach
today. I hope you would have been
proud of me last week in Ohio.
I was with 99 other women at the
Republican National Convention  . . . . . . . . . . The Rev Greer Thompkins 
 . There was a demonstration for . . . . . . . . . . 611 Spoonbill Road
women, what women stand for, . . . . . . . . . . . Snodville Lakeview, IA
to show we aren't the bimbos that
Trump calls us. We were naked, 
Daddy, 100 of us at the convention.
 . You will read about it, Huffington.
Google it Daddy, there you'll find that our "photography project was a peaceful protest against the hateful, anti-woman rhetoric present in the Republican Party."
 . Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Daddy, I Love You.
_ _ _ _ _

Poem Copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I'm linked with Kerry O'Conner at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, "Kerry Says ~ Let's Send a Postcard.  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/07/kerry-says-lets-send-postcard.html

Kerry has found several vintage postcards which are to give us ideas for writing.  I chose one from her find of "collection of vintage postcards from 1900 - 1910, which showcases "Women's Beauty" on Bored Panda Web site shown on Kerry's link above.  The writing on my 'postcard' is based on an actual demonstration of 100 naked women to help in the protest and the photography project.  Google it!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, July 29, 2016 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I like the way you set this out as an actual postcard, Jim. I will google it! Sounds like a very interesting way to protest.
Thanks for writing!

 
At Friday, July 29, 2016 10:02:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This is hilarious and unique, Jim!

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2016 6:28:00 AM, Blogger Cressida de Nova said...

LOL

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2016 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

How totally timely!!!!!

 
At Thursday, March 05, 2020 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hmmm. I’m a Republican and feel very respected. I feel they DO value women but we won’t get into that. I’m sure her father was a bit shocked!! Thanks for linking.

 
At Sunday, March 08, 2020 6:44:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I too am a Republican, a very liberal one. These last four years have been too nasty and ISIS-like bent on destruction for the progress for good made by previous administrations. My upbringing, my code of ethics, and my religion cry. Two times I have switched, once when I ran for office and again last week.
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home