Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Circus Life ~~ a Poem for the Tuesday Platfom




My Young Life; it was a Circus

Whiled away a day and a half
There in Podunk, Mississippi
I happened upon, magic lure
The circus was in town big time

Big time for the big top right there
Right there in that little town.  Clowns!
I always dreamed of meeting one
Now here in Podunk six bold ones

They took me in, a meal then some
I watched their rehearsal, was sold
I would grow up to be a clown
A big nosed clown make people laugh

I could juggle, I showed my stuff
And ride a unicycle too
Can you come with us, we need you
I went that day, performed that night

The crowd laughed and clapped, this young lass
He stole the show that night but then.
The other clowns they cried.  Jealous.
Poisoned me.  Now I'm side show help 


_ _ _ 

Photos and Poem Copyright © 2012 and
2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Photos:  http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-alphabe-thursday-k-things-in-row-two.html, a mostly circus posting where we took a granddaughter, KP, at age three.

Poem prompt Sunday, July 25, from

And also I'm linked today with the Marian at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-tuesday-platform_26.html .
 

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Marian said...

Hah, I like the punchline. And also the repetition in this, especially at the beginning.

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Artsy said...

Nowaday's you're right. Many folks will say their life is a circus and then follow that admission witha "positive face/ mask, as if one can never say anymore one's true feelings. i'm glad you're enjoying your granddaughter. It is great to share activities with her; that is more precious than any material gift.

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:32:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

That last stanza was a twist!

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, sad ending to a delightful story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home