Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dragons Around ~~ a Sunday "Mini-Challenge Poem"

.
This isn't an old haunt that burned last weekend.  
I was only there once, it was with my Dad.  
(More of my 2007 blog post)  

Dragons Around** 

Should we all remember those days? 
Those hot days of "Burn, Baby, Burn" 
They accomplished so very much 
Hit them where it hurts, deep purses 

Deep purses pay, economics 
"Profits Matter", rule of the day 
No lives were lost, only money 
Has America forgotten? 

Dragons still below and within** 

_ _ _ _ 



Photo and Poem Copyright © 2007 and 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
2007 Photo of a burned restaurant was a part of this Jim's Little Blog post:
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2007/03/another-first-my-first-drink-in-public.html

I am linked with Brendan at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Sunday Mini-Challenge, Shallows, Deeply (link)


** Brendan's words, see his link here

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, July 10, 2016 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Love the inclusion of the dragons. Really works for the impact of the piece.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Have people forgotten? I'm not sure they ever cared in the first place - I think a lot of people today are just self absorbed and angry. All levels of income and races - I think most feel they are entitled - Just my take on it.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 2:17:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I don't really understand this one, particularly the ending, though the words and even sentiments are clear and I am aware of what has been happening in America. Even so, something doesn't seem to add up, though I'm sure it would for those who have the frame of reference. Maybe it's the back story I'm missing.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 3:21:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

That building looks like the skeleton of a burned out dragon.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 3:36:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

As if dreams where ever reserved for just a few... maybe that's where it really matters...

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 4:24:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

In SA, there is a move to burn schools and universities in order to bring about a change in the education policy.. all that is achieved is one less institution learning, fewer classes to attend. There must be some other way to effect change than to burn, or gun down the opposition.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 5:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a riot? Dragons in that dark, the fear of it, the return of it? Couldn't quite gloss where you were going. "Profits matter" does point the finger toward the silent corporate giants in the rear.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Got some of these burnt out shells near me.

 
At Monday, July 11, 2016 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

I really liked this Jim. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home