Cell Phone of Mine ~~ a Challange Poem
I don't do cell phone texting any more
My good old friend, antique Cingular one,
Is dead now, yes I killed her dead, drowned
What they say, drinking and driving don't mix
I have married again, Dollar Store gal
Bare bones, lowest of maintenance my girl
No photos and no texting, plain model
Don't text me no more, I won't answer you
_ _ _ _
Photos and Poem Copyright © 2014 and 2007 (https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=19493062#editor/target=post;postID=338025974692773569 and
and 2016 (this poem), Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Today I am linked with Isadore at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, From the Black Mirror (link)
1. I do love my cell phone even though she isn't fancy. She hasn't a camera and I don't text.
2. Here is a 'search link' to my blog search for "cell". (http://jimmiehov.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Cell
3. And a couple of samples from that search. A tidbit, I drowned Radio Shack replacement phone also, this time in the washing machine, insides my pants pocket. the and am now using a similar Dollar Store version.
- From my 2007 post:
Oh, that's ok, Mrs. Jim is doing it too!
I do it too! So I thought I had better introduce you to the new rules of etiquette for using cell phones in restaurants. It used to be
However, necessity and convenience breed change. Just accept it, change comes.
There does need to be some semblance of order in this matter, therefore I have developed the following New Revised Rules of Cell Phone Usage Etiquette in Restaurants. I do believe a few generalizations would make these rules applicable for cell phone use in most any public places.
2. Talk no louder than you need. It is the loud cell phone talk that bothers other people. Besides loud talking disturbs others who are trying to use their cell phones.
3. Keep your conversation short.
4. Laugh quietly, not out loud! (LOL)
5. For an extended conversation or for more privacy go outside or to an unoccupied area.
6. Do not make unnecessary calls. A quick check on the kids, grandma, or your dog, and the like, is probably necessary now and then.
7. It is better to call while sitting in the restaurant than driving your car. This goes especially for text messaging (unless you have memorized the key placement and routine--like you did in touch typing).
(c. jimmiehov 2007)
NOTES AND LINKS:
1. This blog has been in the planning for quite some time (note the pictures are dated 1/20/2007, the day after my mother-in-law's funeral [link]).
2. Ken Hoffman probably will not like these rules, you may agree after reading his column in this Tuesday's paper (Houston Chronicle, link). BTW, his column did push my 'hurry and post button.'
3. Mrs. Jim reminded me today of her rule # 107, never wash dish towels and cloths with bath towels and socks. That is NOT a good rule for bachelors or men who do their own washing.
4. Any suggested changes or comments on the new revised rules will
Cell Phone Cell Phone Etiquette Ringtone Ringtones technology Culture Humor Life Eminem IT'S OK
IT'S OK LYRICS
[from Sing365.com (link)]
Artist: Eminem f/ Eye-Kyu
- From my 2014 post:
Miss her lots, my Cell Phone