Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I Love without Even Thinking ~~ a 'Poem' for Tuesday Platform

(From Charles M. Schulz Museum Archives,
originally published June 7, 1958.)

She Softly Whispered;
(Or was it Love)   

I love you, Jimmy, she softly whispered
I love you too, My Darling and Sweetest  

That was last night, it was lovely for both
Today, what is the scene, what do we hear

I think I've found true love, I'll make him mine
The girls gathered 'round, waiting to hear more
Was there a knight in shining armor, or
Did she end up, another one night stand

I've found the neatest chick, loves me madly
Guys come quickly, our Romeo tells all
She's a nice girl, I whispered her "the words" 
Did he triumph, another one night stand


_ _ _ _ _

Poem and Photo Copyright © 2016 and 2011 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Comic Picture tribute Charles Schultz Museum Archives
copied from The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/the-tuesday-platform_28.html

Today I am linked with Marian's post at the link above
It is open Tuesday, The Tuesday Platform
where we write as we feel and link it to her post

Another of my 'Poem' of a similar bend you may have read:
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-sunday-mini-challenge.html
 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

Wise and cutting, and entertaining read. Thanks,dt

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

That's a lot of space you left for us to ponder an ending. I always want "happily ever after"

two chairs

much love...

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:04:00 PM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

My heart and mind are mixed on this one -- I am part girl who always writes in the fairy-tale end, and part woman who wishes for truth (and a real love, not fantasy) from a man. Thanks for sharing.

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:11:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think the beginning is always the harder... though it can be a happy ever after as well... the conclusion is left hanging.

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

An oft-repeated story.

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Uh oh, someone's up to tricks. :)

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:49:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Soft whispers can go a long way! But the beginnings can be a little trying! Just giving time is the solution!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home