Saturday, July 02, 2016

War ~~ Wave your flag wildly ~~ a 55 Plus Poem


I'm not into war
I don't read about wars
I don't watch war movies
I don't like to talk about war
 
Why should I write about wars
I will tell you what I have to say
I am thankful for those who fought
They fought for your and my freedoms
 
Five Army years I spent
 
- - - -
Photo and Poem Copyright © 2008 and 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
2008 Photo of my beagle dog, Adi, was a part of this Jim's Little Blog post:
 
I'm linked with Kerry O'Conner at the
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads Flash 55 Plus! (link)
Today she wants EXACTLY 55 Word, not more, no less
 
Note: 
 - A college dropout when I went in, I learned electronics during my second hitch at a NIKE Hercules school for maintaining the computer and radars.  After I was discharged my education and experience qualified me for a job as a Philco Corporation Tech Rep Field Engineer. 
 - I held engineering slots with the company, then Ford Aerospace, being a Senior Aerospace Engineer when I left the company and NASA for a teaching career.  Thank you, Army  training.
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, July 02, 2016 8:04:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Jim -- your link at Toads is not correct--it just goes back to Toads! So you may wish to fix it.

Thank you for your service! I don't much care to think of war either. And thanks for pic of cute little beagle. K.

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 1:20:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I prefer not to think about war either, but I think I must, otherwise I might not argue against war loud enough.

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 1:34:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Ah, the eternal paradox: we fight for freedom but cannot live in peace.

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I think that sums it up perfectly.

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Thank you for your service, Jim.
I have a rule against watching war movies, too (though I did not serve)... always have. I have made a couple exceptions over the years, and have been glad (The Deer Hunter comes to mind). Your beagle sooooo cute!

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I share your feelings. I don't care for war, but the fallen--and the ones who continue to fall while still alive--should never be forgotten...

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the photo!!! You remind us of the good side of service, and the patriotism and sacrifices made for those back home. Well said, Jim.

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

I've watched a few war movies when i was younger. i done have the strength of spirit for them anymore

mine

much love...

 
At Monday, July 04, 2016 4:17:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

I am thankful for those who fought
They fought for your and my freedoms

One need not be in the war to serve the country well. There are other avenues. But one still appreciates those who sacrifice themselves so that others can live. Very true Dr Jim!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home