Thursday, June 30, 2016

A "Weeds in the Garden" poem

. 
On Being a Weed
 
I am but a little weed in my soul
Being adopted, domesticated,
potted.  Now 'weeded' and cultivated
 
They call me a flower. Little daisy
Do wash your pretty face, ears, and behind
Don't play with naughty boys, act a lady
 
Go to Sunday school with your grandmother
Learn the memory verses, then tell grandpa
Be nice at school, learn perfect penmanship
 
Grow up to be ladylike, what they want
I'll follow their rules, daisy I'm not.  But  
I'll act my own weed-at-heart when I'm grown   
_ _ _ _
 
Photo and Poem Copyright © 2012 and 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
2012 Photo was a part of this Jim's Little Blog post:
.http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2012/09/two-shoes-tuesday-4-secret-midweek-blues.html 
It truly is a wild flower, a weed.  It grew, must have been from a seed,
 in this pot. I did not pot it.  I leave it alone and it comes up every year,
blooming about two or three times each.
 
I'm linked with at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
Weeds in the Garden (link).  She wants us to have a 'Weed' poem.
.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

This is very cute! I like the idea of a carefully cultivated flower spreading out and embracing her weedy side.

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Wonderful, Jim! I love the final line.

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:49:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I love it... this is so very cute.. truly wonderful.

 
At Friday, July 01, 2016 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

This has a classic feeling to it...great choice to depict character...the daisy.

 
At Friday, July 01, 2016 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sometimes we have to be patient with others until we can find a clear lane in which to grow. :)

 
At Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:05:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Little girls are expected to be nice and pretty while little boys can act the rough and tough. All for bidding their rights in a challenging world of reality!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home